ORS staff is working remotely to support University sponsored activities and maintaining continuity in sponsored activity. We are able to manage most of our business electronically.
We understand that applying for COVID-19 funding may be time sensitive. Please keep in mind that we are still bound by University policy and procedures and as such the Office of Research Services should be notified prior to submission.Furthermore and importantly, as most COVID-19 projects will involve the hospital resources, patients, etc., we need to be mindful of adhering to LUMC/Trinity Health policy and procedures.
- Council of Government Relations (COGR)
- COGR is an association of leading research universities, affiliated medical centers, and independent research institutes. This link contains Federal and Non-Federal Institutional and Agency Responses to COVID-19 and Additional Resources
- CITI Program has compiled these resources to help the research community prepare for and manage the challenges presented by the outbreak of COVID-19.
- Huron's Agency Response to OMB Matrix
- A quick guide that summarizes federal guidance as of March 31, 2020. Please continue to refer to specific agency guidance and institutional directives as you plan your response.
COVID-19 Research Guidance
The below links are available to provide resources and best practice for researchers and administrators.
- Loyola University Chicago
- Sponsored Program Accounting (SPA)
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- During the COVID-19 Pandemic, the LUC HSC IRB continues to review protocols and hold IRB Meetings as scheduled. Protocol and Consent Templates, and other related information can be found on the IRB Website https://hsd.luc.edu/research_services/irb/If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Cynthia Tom-Klebba (708-216-6198 or firstname.lastname@example.org), Angie Carrico (708-216-4608 or email@example.com) or Linda Millbrandt (708-216-4567 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees (IACUC)
- To support animal care and use programs and provide additional information during the COVID-19 pandemic
- The IACUC is operating as usual. (Updated 03/30/20)
- IACUC is operating at its standard capacity. We expect this to continue even if the University suspends operations for contagion control purposes. Most LUC-HSC IACUC staff are able to work from home. All email addresses will continue to be monitored with the same or greater frequency as typically provided.
- The IACUC continuing to accept protocols for review. (Updated 3/30/20)
- The IACUC will continue to review submissions and can implement remote review of protocols via DMR or telecommunication for full committee meetings in the event that in person full committee IACUC meetings are cancelled. However, please note that reviews may take longer than normal due staffing needs to ensure adequate care for animals.
- ACORP Submission and IACUC Review. (Updated 3/30/20)
- National Institute of Health (NIH)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Department of Defense (DoD)
COVID-19 Research Funding Opportunities
The below link lists specific funding opportunities focused on COVID19 initiatives.
- Research Professional
- Grant Forward
- Hanover Research
Attention: If you are planning a DoD submission, please alert ORS or Dr Singh, before considering a submission.
Last Updated: 07/29/2020