Health Sciences Ministry has a three-fold mission that focuses on the members of the Loyola University Chicago Health Sciences Campus. Inspired by Ignatian values and the practical spirituality of finding God in all things we work towards:
- Shaping Community: Through educational programs and events, prayer and worship, hospitality and outreach, social activities and attention to the needs of the individual we build a welcoming and inclusive community for students, staff and faculty.
- Seeking Faith: We journey with the people who teach, learn and work at the Health Sciences Campus by providing spiritual formation and faith development while facilitating individual and communal prayer. True to our experience of the Gospel, we welcome and engage individuals of all faith backgrounds or traditions to grow into becoming men and women for others.
- Serving Broadly: By embracing a worldview that is both local and global we facilitate and sponsor opportunities for members of the Health Sciences Campus to work with underserved communities in the greater Chicago area and beyond.
Stop in and enjoy our hospitality. We’re located off the Atrium in room 270 of the Cuneo Center, in the Stritch School of Medicine building.
- MONDAY: Click here to join Ministry Lunch Chat at 12pm Central.
- TUESDAY: Click here to stop in to Ann Hillman's office hour from 4-5pm Central.
- THURSDAY: Click here to stop in to Ginny McCarthy's office hour from 12:30-1:30pm Central.
- FRIDAY: Click here to stop in to Julie DeMareo's office hour from 11:30am-12:30pm Central.
- MEDITATION: Click here to join our guided meditation on Tuesdays at 7:30am Central.
- CIRCLE OF REMEMBRANCE: Click here to register for either (or both) session(s) on Feb 1 or March 1.
- WC4BL's SOCIAL JUSTICE BOOK CLUB: Click here to register for this series taking place Jan 28, Feb 11, and Feb 25.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 MESSAGE:
As we follow University protocol and align with CDC guidelines for social distancing in order to protect the most vulnerable and limit strain on the health care system and workers, the Ministry office space on the Health Sciences campus is closed until further notice.
To learn of daily, online ways to connect with HSC Ministry staff and community and to access other resources, please see the office hour listing above or visit our Ministry for Now site..
You can also connect with us @HSCMinistry via the social media accounts listed above.
Know that we are here for you in the days and weeks ahead!
-Your HSC Ministry team