For the 2021 Community Blessing and Sending of Graduates, please click here.
|Our Mission||COVID-19 Message||HSC Ministry Weekly||Our Mission Integration Partners|
Health Sciences Ministry has a three-fold mission that focuses on the members of the Loyola University Chicago Health Sciences Campus. Inspired by Ignatian values and the practical spirituality of finding God in all things we work towards:
- Shaping Community: Through educational programs and events, prayer and worship, hospitality and outreach, social activities and attention to the needs of the individual we build a welcoming and inclusive community for students, staff and faculty.
- Seeking Faith: We journey with the people who teach, learn and work at the Health Sciences Campus by providing spiritual formation and faith development while facilitating individual and communal prayer. True to our experience of the Gospel, we welcome and engage individuals of all faith backgrounds or traditions to grow into becoming men and women for others.
- Serving Broadly: By embracing a worldview that is both local and global we facilitate and sponsor opportunities for members of the Health Sciences Campus to work with underserved communities in the greater Chicago area and beyond.
Stop in and enjoy our hospitality. We’re located off the Atrium in room 270 of the Cuneo Center, in the Stritch School of Medicine building.
Important COVID-19 Message
As we follow University protocol and align with CDC guidelines for social distancing in order to protect the most vulnerable and limit strain on the health care system and workers, the Ministry office space on the Health Sciences campus is re-opening with limited hours.
To learn of daily, online ways to connect with HSC Ministry staff and community and to access other resources, please see the office hour listing above or visit our Ministry for Now site.
You can also connect with us @HSCMinistry via the social media accounts listed above.
Know that we are here for you in the days and weeks ahead!
-Your HSC Ministry team
HSC Ministry Weekly
HSC Ministry Weekly Links:
- Mon, May 31: Memorial Day - HSC Ministry closed
- Tues, June 1, 4-5 p.m.: Ann Hillman's Office Hours
- Thurs, June 3, 12:00 p.m.: Meet MDs in the grassy quad behind SSOM (in the Atrium if inclement weather)
- Thurs, June 3, 12:30-1:30 p.m.: Ginny McCarthy's Office Hours: Come to Meet MDs!
- Fri, June 4, 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.: Julie DeMareo's Office Hours
Staff and Faculty: Virtual Summer Book Club:
Staff and faculty are invited to join the Mission Office in reading The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything, A Spirituality for Real Life, by James Martin, SJ. It is an insightful and engaging look at the foundation of Loyola’s Jesuit spirituality and how it can be engaged personally and professionally.
As Fr. Martin notes, “You don’t have to be Catholic, Christian, religious or even spiritual to benefit from some of the insights of St. Ignatius of Loyola.” The single criterion for our gathering is intellectual curiosity about the tradition, the spirituality, and the worldview that animates Loyola.
Fr. Martin became widely known as the chaplain to the Colbert Report. A reviewer of the book, William Barry noted, "Martin has done it again-- written a book about a profound subject with uncanny insight, down to earth yet sparkling writing and great humor." The book also made the New York Times bestseller list.
The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything is provided free and the club will meet two times via Zoom, once on Tuesday, June 15 to discuss the first half of the book and next on Thursday, July 15 from Noon to 1:00pm to review the latter half. The sessions will be open discussion and shared perspectives. If you would like to join, please contact Anne Wicker (email@example.com). In your email, tell us if the book should be sent to you at your campus office or mailed to your home address. Please provide your interoffice or home address so you will receive the book. We will send out the Zoom link for the discussions closer to the first date.
Visit Our Mission Integration Partners
|The Office of Civic Engagement||Lakeshore Campus Ministry||Watertower Campus Ministry||Employee Programs|