Stritch Class of 2027:
JUMP Retreat (Jesuit University Ministry Preview): Wednesday, July 19 - Thursday, July 20 at Loyola University Retreat and Ecology Campus in Woodstock, IL
An enthusiastic team of M2s are ready to give you a great start to your medical education by bringing you together for community-building, reflection, and connection. We don’t want you to miss out on any of the amazing parts of being a Stritch student and can’t wait to share the tradition of JUMP with you.
This 2-day experience for incoming M1s will take place from Wednesday morning to Thursday afternoon at Loyola University Retreat and Ecology Campus, about an hour and 15 minutes from the Stritch campus. Once registration closes, we will coordinate carpooling if you need a ride or are willing to drive others.
During the overnight retreat, we’ll talk about hopes & fears, expectations, and transitions, as well as Stritch values and hallmarks of our Jesuit heritage that make Stritch, Stritch! There will be opportunities for small group conversation, activities, personal reflection, a Q&A with M2s, and opportunities to connect with classmates in personal ways.
We hope you'll consider joining in on the opportunity to build connections with your class and get a taste of the spirit of Stritch.
Registration for the 2023 JUMP Retreat will be released Spring/Summer 2023.
Important FYIs Regarding the JUMP Retreat:
- Spots are limited and are first-come, first-serve. Registration deadline is TBD. If spots are filled before this deadline, we will open a waiting list.
- All are asked to commit to participating all-day, for both days.
- Rooms are double occupancy with private bathrooms. Please reach out to Ministry directly to discuss any specific concerns about this arrangement that might prohibit you from participation.
- If you have circumstances in which the overnight stay would prohibit you from attending the retreat, please reach out to us directly to discuss alternative options for your participation.
- In accordance with Loyola University policies, all participants will need to show proof of vaccination and booster status. We will also require ALL participants to show proof of a negative Covid test within 48 hours of the start of the retreat.
- The retreat fee of $30 is due upon registration and is non-refundable. If this cost prohibits you from attending, please reach out to us to inquire about a scholarship. We do not want cost to impede anyone’s participation in JUMP.
Things I learned on JUMP...
"I learned that I'm not an island. It's a great way to get over nerves [about starting medical school].
"I learned about the community that Stritch has-- all you have to do is reach out and you will find many people who want to help you."
What I would tell someone thinking about signing up…
"Go to it! You will learn more about the Stritch spirit, ease your nerves, and meet new people in a very friendly environment."
"Just go even if you're nervous or not religious."
Best part about JUMP…
"The retreat was one of the best occurrences this summer and so memorable. [My classmates and I] dove deeper than I expected and grew more connected in just a few days."
"JUMP was AMAZING-- a great community-builder and I gained more confidence to start med school."