Training and Workshops
Expand your technology tool kit and learn innovative ways to engage students and enhance the learning environment!
Training and workshops are being offered for faculty and staff on the following topics:
Instructional Design Series
Effective Instruction in the Online Environment (3-Part Self-Paced Certification Course)
- Unit 1: Teaching & Learning
- Unit 2: Course Creation
- Unit 3: Course Facilitation
Ignatian Pedagogy: Designing Instructional Strategies to Foster Transformation --> Learn:
- Principles of the Ignatian Pedagogy Paradigm
- How to apply principles of Ignatian Pedagogy in the design of instructional strategies
Instructional Technology Tools
Presentation by Panopto --> Learn:
- Why research says to deliver your content in smaller segments or "chunks"
- How to develop narrated lecture presentations for asynchronous delivery
- How to add quiz questions to your presentations
Animate It! --> Learn:
- How to create whiteboard and animated videos to engage your learners
- Why animation is effective
These brief training sessions offer bite-sized pieces of information and are designed to fit into your busy schedules.
Tools You Should Use...and Why --> Learn:
- How to add Sakai tools to your site to enhance the effectiveness of your course
- How adding these tools align with best practices
VoiceThread - Valid and Versatile
- About the various ways you can use VoiceThread in your course
- How these VoiceThread strategies support best practices
Visit the registration page for more detailed descriptions of the training and workshop sessions along with links to relevant research or instructional guides. Workshops will be held at Loyola University Chicago, Health Sciences Division, Building 125, Room 4505 unless otherwise noted.