Marketing and Communications Resources
Find answers to frequently asked questions about creative services and web requests as well as resources and advice to best publicize your Health Sciences Division or Loyola sponsored event.
Always try to schedule as far in advance as possible and make sure the event is listed on your department website. If you’re unsure of who manages your website or where to post your event contact Lauren Custis.
Health Sciences Campus Posters
Posters in the elevators or above the water fountains
Need to print posters to hang around campus? Stay on brand with these templates and fonts.
- InDesign Template (seminar series, speaker events, etc.)
- InDesign Template with an image lead
- Seminar Event word doc
- Word Template with an image lead
- Word Template - Simple
*Add event to the calendar and make sure to select the correct screens!
Digital Screens and Calendar
There are several digital screens around the Health Sciences Campus that display the daily calendar events, news to staff, research awards, and other happenings.
Only events entered to the calendar and locations selected “Health Sciences Campus” and “Stritch School of Medicine” will display on the digital screens.
Bottom Right of the digital screen is for grant and research awards.
Top Right is for priority campus-wide or university-wide events only.
- Contact Lauren Custis or Erinn Connor with awards or event requests
- When submitting, Include: time, location, title and an appropriate image to go along with your event.
Adding an item to the Calendar
The following Information must be filled out:
- Event Title
- Start Date/Time
- End Date/Time
- Location (be as specific as possible)
- Contact Person
- Contact Person e-mail/phone
Event descriptions are always appreciated.
If the event takes place on the Health Sciences Campus please “Suggest the event” for “Health Sciences Campus Calendar” – if it is open to the public, also tag “Stritch School of Medicine” and “Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing”
- Preview Event
- Upload to Site
- The event must be approved before you will see it on the calendar page.
If you need to send an e-blast about the event and do not have a Mail Chimp account, contact Lauren Custis with the content you need on the e-blast, an example of a previous e-blast (if applicable), and an on brand image if you will be using one (HSD Flickr has many on brand options).
Only use the template if you are sending to faculty, staff, students, or a combination of the three.
- Need a Mail Chimp account?
- Stritch Weekly – this weekly newsletter from the Stritch dean highlights research and events of interest to Loyola’s Stritch School of Medicine students, faculty, and staff. Have you been published? Want to suggest an article for the “Morning Report”? Contact Erinn Connor.
- Niehoff in the Know – this bi-weekly newsletter highlights news and events from the Niehoff School of Nursing. Subscribe to the newsletter and view past issues.
Project Request (creative, photography, web)
If you need an e-blast, marketing collateral, or extensive web updates please submit a request and allow at least a 10 day turnaround. Photography requests may take longer and need follow up scheduling.
Details for common types of projects:
- New Website - things to consider.
- Design Requests - Submit a request and work with a designer to establish a timeline. Plan for at least a 10 day turn, depending on the project, it may take longer. The more detail and information you can supply in the beginning will allow for quicker work.
- Photography/Multimedia Request – All photo requests need to be made 10 days ahead of time to Lukas Keapproth. Learn more about hiring a freelancer.
Multimedia requests information need to be made 4-6 weeks ahead of time.
- If you run into a scheduling issue and have the budget to hire a freelancer, we have vendors that we’ve worked with in the past and trust. Please contact Lukas Keapproth.
Commonly asked questions about scheduling, the content management system T4, and Loyola's brand and logos.