SSOM Medical Student Ethics Grand Rounds
Sponsored by the Neiswanger Institute For Bioethics
As you become responsible for some patient care or move closer to that responsibility, participation in discussions regarding the ethical dilemmas arising from patient care is important. At ethics grand rounds, you will see how faculty and guests approach the resolution of difficult ethical issues in patient care, and you will be able to enter a discussion of the case. The objective is that this experience will assist in your practice and help you acquire an ease in addressing ethical and public policy issues.
- Students need to attend FOUR Neiswanger Institute for Bioethics sponsored grand rounds by the end of their fourth year. We highly recommend attending and fulfilling this requirement by the end of your second year. Attending ethics grand rounds in your third and fourth year will become difficult. Approximately twelve Bioethics sponsored grand rounds are scheduled each year.
- Attendance is recorded by SIGN-IN SHEET for each Ethics Grand Round event.
To obtain Ethics Grand Rounds (EGR) Credit for an LUC student sponsored event:
- Please send an inquiry to Ms. Robbin Hiller firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks before the event. (Requests must be received no later than 4:00 pm two Fridays before the event.)
- The inquiry must contain all of the following information so that a determination of appropriateness can be made and the event can be listed in the Bioethics calendar at least a full week in advance of the event:
- Speaker and talk title (please include a 1-2 sentence description of content)
- Date, time, and location
- The sponsors will be responsible to pick up the sign-in sheet in SSOM 292 before the event and return it after the event. No credit can be given if the sign-in sheet is not returned.
Students seeking ETHICS GRAND ROUND credit to meet their bioethics & professionalism requirement should attend sessions from:
Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 11:00am-Noon, Webinar
Loyola Bioethics LIVE!
Research on COVID-19: Stories from IRB Members, Research Administration, and Investigators
Gianna McMillan, DBE
Celebrate the Close of Latinx Heritage Month with LMSA & the Neiswanger Institute
Immigration, Migration, and Health Care in the United States: A Digital Exploration
Beatrix Hoffman, PhD Professor
Dept of History, Northern Illinois University
Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 12:30 – 1:30 pm (CST),Webinar
Ethics Grand Round
Undocumented Immigrants and Covid – 19: The Baltimore Experience
Zackary Berger, MD, PhD
Vivian Altiery De Jesus, MD, MBE
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Tuesday, October 26, 2021, Noon – 1:00 pm (CST), SSOM 390
& available on Zoom (Register below)
Department of Medicine & Bioethics Grand Rounds
Ethics Update: What’s Been Happening During the Pandemic
Paul Hutchison, MD, Mark Kuczewski, PhD, Katherine Wasson, PhD, MPH, Scott Kelley, PhD
Register Here for Zoom Access
*CME & EGR Credit