HEALTHCARE MISSION LEADERSHIP
The Certificate in Healthcare Mission Leadership is for associates across Catholic healthcare who wish to deepen their understanding of the theological, ethical, and practical elements of the mission and ministry of Catholic healthcare. This certificate is designed for those interested in exploring the area of mission or who would like to deepen their expertise in Catholic identity or one or more of the Catholic Health Association (CHA) competencies and for those who wish to do "mission-in-place" to enhance the work they do in finance, patient services, clinical care and more through engagement with the foundations of Catholic healthcare.
“I found the Loyola Mission Leadership certificate program to be an excellent experience for me as a post graduate distance learning student. The classes were very current in content, especially ethics, offering a well rounded and excellent no-hassle practical learning experience."
Robert Allen, MDiv, BCCI
This graduate certificate program is open to those with undergraduate or graduate degrees. Others pursue the certificate as a point of entry into the Master of Arts (MA) program.
To complete this 15-credit hour graduate certificate, students can choose any five courses in the areas of theology, spirituality, ethics, organizational management, and leadership from the curriculum for the MA in Healthcare Mission Leadership. This flexibility allows those who have strong backgrounds in healthcare administration to focus their coursework in the theological disciplines, while those with backgrounds in theology may, for example, choose to focus on organizational development.
The structure of the graduate certificate allows interested candidates to continue their studies toward the MA in Healthcare Mission Leadership.
Now accepting applications for Summer 2021 term thru May 1st, Fall 2021 thru August 1st.
Key features of our online graduate degree programs in Healthcare Mission Leadership...
- Accept only top caliber adult learners.
- Taught by Loyola University Chicago faculty who are recognized scholars, active professionals, and dedicated to online education with decades of combined experience.
- Combines the strengths of faculty located within a nationally-recognized medial school as well as an institute for ministry.
- Draws on the resources and excellence of a major Catholic and Jesuit university.
- Infused with the charism of Ignatian spirituality and its commitment to care for the whole person.
- Committed to diversity and inclusivity.
- Very high retention rate.
Accredited and ranked...
- The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
- Loyola University Chicago has been offering high quality online graduate education in bioethics for nearly 20 years. Loyola is widely recognized as a leader in online education. In fact, Loyola's undergraduate online program is ranked #8 in US News and World Report.
- U.S. News and World Report has ranked Loyola consistently among the "top national universities" and "best values" in its annual publications.
- Washington Monthly ranks Loyola among the top 100 national universities, emphasizing social mobility, research and service.
- US News ranks Loyola among the top 50 Best Value Colleges.
Flexible distance learning program...
- Convenient, reliable and rigorous distance education for working professionals.
- Our master's degree and certificate programs can be completed entirely online.
- Our optional summer offer face to face interaction with fellow students and faculty. (Only 2-3 days on campus required.)
Participation in the professional discourse...
- Our students, graduates and faculty routinely publish their work and present at national meetings.
- Loyola University Chicago is a proud member of the Catholic Health Association.
- Members of Loyola's Healthcare Mission Leadership Advisory Council hail from leading Catholic health systems.