|Why study healthcare mission leadership at Loyola?|||
The Healthcare Mission Leadership Graduate Programs at Loyola offer professional preparation for those in senior leadership positions in a healthcare environment who are charged with developing, enhancing, cultivating, and protecting the identity and mission of their organizations. This interdisciplinary program is offered collaboratively by Loyola’s Neiswanger Institute for Bioethics & Healthcare Leadership at the Stritch School of Medicine, the Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing, and the Institute of Pastoral Studies. It integrates courses from theology, spirituality, bioethics, organizational development, and leadership to offer a well-rounded degree pertinent to the work being done in Catholic hospitals and health systems throughout the world.
- DOCTORATE in Healthcare Mission Leadership
- MA in Healthcare Mission Leadership
- CERTIFICATE in Healthcare Mission Leadership
“One of the most formative things about the mission leadership graduate programs at Loyola is the engagement with diverse groups of faculty and professionals who help you develop your own theological and ethical thought. This type of engagement gradually leads to the inculcation of practical wisdom over time. This is the strength of Jesuit education.”
Cory D. Mitchell, MA
Shaped to meet the Competencies for Healthcare Mission Leadership designed by the Catholic Health Association, our graduate programs equip students to:
- Be articulate on the foundations of Catholic and Christian traditions and how they can shape healthcare.
- Develop a stronger understanding of Catholic ministries and be better able to collaborate with church authorities to further Catholic healthcare ministry.
- Become conversant in the ethical challenges that can arise in the healthcare milieu and be prepared to address those circumstances using insight from Catholic ethics and bioethics.
- Cultivate and maintain an organizational culture that works in concert with a Catholic vision of healthcare.
- Understand the complexities Catholic healthcare as well as the financial environment in which it functions.
The Healthcare Mission Leadership programs can be completed entirely online, offering a highly accessible option for working professionals and individuals looking for greater flexibility.
Our innovative online environment encourages interaction, collaboration, and a sense of community among our students, while also offering a great depth of academic content. Our nationally-recognized faculty provides valuable engagement and networking among peers and experts in Catholic healthcare.
Key features of our online graduate degree programs in healthcare mission leadership...
- Accept only top caliber adult learners.
- Taught by Loyola University Chicago faculty who are recognized scholars, active professionals, and dedicated to online education with decades of combined experience.
- Combines the strengths of faculty located within a nationally-recognized medial school as well as an institute for ministry.
- Draws on the resources and excellence of a major Catholic and Jesuit university.
- Infused with the charism of Ignatian spirituality and its commitment to care for the whole person.
- Committed to diversity and inclusivity.
- Very high retention rate.
Accredited and ranked...
- The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
- Loyola University Chicago has been offering high quality online graduate education in bioethics for nearly 20 years. Loyola is widely recognized as a leader in online education. In fact, Loyola's undergraduate online program is ranked #8 in US News and World Report.
- U.S. News and World Report has ranked Loyola consistently among the "top national universities" and "best values" in its annual publications.
- Washington Monthly ranks Loyola among the top 100 national universities, emphasizing social mobility, research and service.
- US News ranks Loyola among the top 50 Best Value Colleges.
Flexible distance learning program...
- Convenient, reliable and rigorous distance education for working professionals.
- Our master's degree and certificate programs can be completed entirely online.
- Our optional summer blended couses offer face to face interaction with fellow students and faculty. (Only 2-3 days on campus required.)
Participation in the professional discourse...
- Our students, graduates and faculty routinely publish their work and present at national meetings.
- Loyola University Chicago is a proud member of the Catholic Health Association.
- Members of Loyola's Healthcare Mission Leadership Advisory Council hail from leading Catholic health systems.
The key ingredients to a successful experience in an online educational program are the quality of the students and the dedication of the faculty. Join fellow physicians, nurses, chaplains, lawyers, social workers and other healthcare professionals in becoming future leaders in the field of mission integration.