MASTER of ARTS in Bioethics & Health Policy
The key ingredients to a successful experience in an online educational program are the quality of the students and the dedication of the faculty. Our students typically have advanced or professional degrees in a variety of disciplines and they hail from all over the country (and even a few from outside the US). Our program attracts physicians, nurses, social workers, chaplains, health care administrators, lawyers, researchers, and even a few of our own medical students.
Our faculty members are trained in a variety of disciplines: law, medical humanities, philosophy, psychology, public health, theology, and health care ethics. Because of the commitment of our faculty to online education, we can boast a low attrition rate, and students typically complete the master’s program within 2 to 3 years.
Now accepting applications for Fall 2018 term through August 1st.
|"Being a very busy internist (the master's degree in bioethics) has allowed flexibility in my ability to learn, without detracting from my work... it's been a value to my career."
Jason Higginson, MD, MA
“The classes were all very relevant to the work I was doing in bioethics at the hospital where I work. I actually got to know and work with the professors and fellow students in this program more than that of my first Master’s degree- and that was a brick and mortar model! The faculty are very engaged and continue to remain involved with me even after graduation. I know I can contact any one of the faculty for input and direction and they will be there to assist. This program gave me what I was looking for and so much more. It is an excellent program.”
“Completing the Masters in Bioethics program at Loyola is one of the best things I have ever done!”
Key features of our online graduate degree programs in bioethics...
- Only top caliber graduate or professional degreed adult learners accepted.
- Taught by Loyola University Chicago faculty who are dedicated to online education with decades of combined experience.
- Our program is committed to diversity and inclusivity.
- Very high retention rate.
Accredited and ranked...
- The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
- U.S. News and World Report has ranked Loyola consistently among the "top national universities" and "best values" in its annual publications.
- Washington Monthly ranks Loyola among the top 100 national universities, emphasizing social mobility, research and service.
- US News ranks Loyola among the top 50 Best Value Colleges.
Flexible distance learning program...
- Convenient, reliable and rigorous distance education for working professionals.
- Our master's degree and certificate programs can be completed entirely online.
- Our optional summer blended courses offer face to face interaction with fellow students and faculty. (Only 2-3 days on campus required.)
Participation in the professional bioethics discourse...
- Our students, graduates and faculty routinely publish their work and present at national meetings.
ABOUT THE MASTER'S DEGREE (M.A.)
Students will complete 30 credits (5 required & 5 elective courses ) from a broad array of course offerings. The following are required:
- BEHL 401 Clinical Bioethics
- BEHL 402 Justice & Health Care
- BEHL 404 Biomedical Ethics & the Law
- BEHL 406 Principles of Health Care Ethics
- BEHL 492 Masters Research Capstone
Click for complete COURSE DESCRIPTIONS.
MASTER'S DEGREE PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIPS
Ask us about our academic merit-based, partial tuition scholarships for newly admitted master's degree program students. Be sure to check the financial aid box on your application to apply.