MASTER of ARTS in Bioethics & Health Policy
The key ingredients to a successful experience in an online educational program are the quality of the students and the dedication of the faculty. Our students typically have advanced or professional degrees in a variety of disciplines and they hail from all over the country (and even a few from outside the US). Our program attracts physicians, nurses, social workers, chaplains, health care administrators, lawyers, researchers, and even a few of our own medical students.
Our faculty members are trained in a variety of disciplines: law, medical humanities, philosophy, psychology, public health, theology, and health care ethics. Because of the commitment of our faculty to online education, we can boast a low attrition rate, and students typically complete the master’s program within 2 to 3 years.
Now accepting applications for Spring 2020 term through December 1st.
"Being a very busy internist (the master's degree in bioethics) has allowed flexibility in my ability to learn, without detracting from my work... it's been a value to my career."
“The online program was an excellent opportunity to network with highly motivated professionals representing a variety of disciplines that cannot be duplicated in a traditional classroom setting.”
“Completing the Masters in Bioethics program at Loyola is one of the best things I have ever done!”
ABOUT THE MASTER'S DEGREE (M.A.)
Students will complete 30 credits (5 required & 5 elective courses ) from a broad array of course offerings. The following are required:
- BEHL 401 Clinical Bioethics
- BEHL 402 Justice & Health Care
- BEHL 404 Biomedical Ethics & the Law
- BEHL 406 Principles of Health Care Ethics
- BEHL 492 Masters Research Capstone
Click for complete COURSE DESCRIPTIONS.
MASTER'S DEGREE PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIPS
Ask us about our academic merit-based, partial tuition scholarships for newly admitted master's degree program students. Be sure to check the financial aid box on your application to apply.
Key features of our online graduate degree programs in bioethics...
- Only top caliber graduate or professional degreed adult learners accepted.
- Taught by Loyola University Chicago faculty who are dedicated to online education with decades of combined experience.
- Our program is committed to diversity and inclusivity.
- Very high retention rate.
Accredited and ranked...
- The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
- U.S. News and World Report has ranked Loyola consistently among the "top national universities" and "best values" in its annual publications. In 2018, Loyola ranks in the top 10% of US universities.
- Washington Monthly ranks Loyola among the top 100 national universities, emphasizing social mobility, research and service.
- US News ranks Loyola among the top Best Value Colleges.
Flexible distance learning program...
- Convenient, reliable and rigorous distance education for working professionals.
- Our master's degree and certificate programs can be completed entirely online.
- Our optional summer blended courses offer face to face interaction with fellow students and faculty. (Only 2-3 days on campus required.)
Participation in the professional bioethics discourse...
- Our students, graduates and faculty routinely publish their work and present at national meetings.