|Celebrating 20 years...|
Why study bioethics at Loyola? Healthcare insitutions need professionals who can analyze ethics cases and policies, facilitate ethical decision-making and effectively teach collegues and students.
Loyola University Chicago has been offering high quality online graduate education in bioethics for nearly 20 years. Our master's and certificate programs can be completed entirely online. Depending on the concentration, the doctorate program can be completed online or in a hybrid format (with a few blended courses).
Our innovative online environment supports practical education and provides valuable engagement and networking among peers and experts in the field of bioethics and health policy.
“The classes were all very relevant to my work. I got to know and work with the professors and fellow students in this program more than that of a brick and mortar model. The faculty are very engaged and continue to remain involved with me even after graduation."
S Brown, D.Bioethics, MA
Click here to view all testimonials
Welcome video featuring the Online Bioethics Graduate Program faculty
Key features of our online graduate degree programs in bioethics...
- Only top caliber graduate or professional degreed adult learners accepted.
- Taught by Loyola University Chicago faculty who are dedicated to online education with decades of combined experience.
- Our program is committed to diversity and inclusivity.
- With our scholarships, the Master of Arts is among the most affordable program of its kind at a major private university.
- Very high retention rate.
- Our program has produced many successful alumni.
Accredited and ranked...
- The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
- Loyola University Chicago has been offering high quality online graduate education in bioethics for nearly 20 years. Loyola is widely recognized as a leader in online education. In fact, Loyola's undergraduate online program is ranked #8 in US News and World Report.
- U.S. News and World Report has ranked Loyola consistently among the "top national universities" and "best values" in its annual publications. In 2018, Loyola ranks in the top 10% of US universities.
- Washington Monthly ranks Loyola among the top 100 national universities, emphasizing social mobility, research and service.
- US News ranks Loyola among the top Best Value Colleges.
Flexible distance learning program...
- Convenient, reliable and rigorous distance education for working professionals.
- Our master's degree and certificate programs can be completed entirely online.
- Our optional summer blended courses offer face to face interaction with fellow students and faculty. (Only 2-3 days on campus required.)
Participation in the professional bioethics discourse...
- Our students, graduates and faculty routinely publish their work and present at national meetings.
The key ingredients to a successful experience in an online educational program are the quality of the students and the dedication of the faculty. Join fellow physicians, nurses, chaplains, lawyers, social workers and other healthcare professionals in becoming future leaders in the field of bioethics.
"practical, formative, engaging..." What our students are saying about our program.
"...allowed flexibility in my ability to learn... it's been a value to my career."
J Higginson, MD, MA
"...made me a better clinician in making bed side decisions."
C Sammis-Berman, NP, D.Bioethics
"Perfect combination of theory and practice in facilitating ethics consultation..."
A Ochasi, STL, D.Bioethics
"Broadened my experience and my involvement in national bioethics..."
R Holt, MD, D.Bioethics
"...faculty are very engaged and continue to remain involved with me even after graduation."
S Brown, MA, D.Bioethics