Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing Dean Search
February 12, 2018
Dear Health Sciences Community,
At the end of last year, Vicki Keough, PhD, RN, FAAN, dean of Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing, announced her intent to step away from the deanship and return to the faculty. She has graciously agreed to serve until we find the next leader of the school.
We intend to do a national search and will take the appropriate time necessary to find a great leader. Our first priority was to identify a search committee with wide representation among Loyola faculty, leadership, and administration. I am happy to announce the members of the committee are:
- John Hardt, PhD, associate provost, mission and identity, Health Sciences Division, vice president, mission integration, Loyola University Health System (committee chair)
- Karen Anderson, MSN, MBA, RN, Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer, Loyola University Medical Center
- David Carli, Jr., undergraduate student, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing
- Regina Conway-Phillips, PhD, RN, assistant professor, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing
- David De Marco, SJ, MD, chaplain and assistant professor, Department of Medicine, Stritch School of Medicine
- Michael Egan, adjunct professor, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing
- Michael Kaufman, dean and professor, School of Law
- Colleen Kordish, PhD student, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing
- Annie McCormack, MBA, director, finance and operations, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing
- Aaron Michelfelder, MD, FAAFP, FAAMA, chair, Department of Family Medicine, Stritch School of Medicine
- Cathlin Poronsky, PhD, APN, FNP-BC, assistant professor, chair, Department of Health Management and Risk Reduction, and director, Family Nurse Practitioner Program, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing
- Susan Ryan (BSN ‘79, MSN ’85), president, Alumni Board, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing
- Karen Saban PhD, RN, APRN, CNRN, FAHA, associate dean for research, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing
- Lee Schmidt, PhD, RN, senior associate dean for academic affairs, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing
- Mary Margaret Sharp-Pucci, EdD, MPH, assistant professor and director, Undergraduate Health Systems Management Program, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing
- Jeanne VanDenack, MSN, RN, instructor, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing
Julie Filizetti, of the search firm Isaacson Miller, will work closely with the committee to develop a position statement, a list of key criteria and qualifications, generate a diverse pool of candidates, screen and interview the candidates, and engage the campus community in the process.
Looking ahead, Dr. Hardt and I will provide the University community with updates on the search process throughout the academic year. We welcome and thank you in advance for your input throughout the process.
The school is in an excellent position for a new leader, and I am confident the search committee will find a person who will continue to make Niehoff grow and flourish.
Margaret Faut Callahan, CRNA, PhD, FNAP, FAAN
Acting Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Provost, Health Sciences Division