Dear Health Sciences Community,
As our search for a new vice provost for research of the Health Sciences Division gets underway, I wanted to make you aware of the members of the search committee. The goal was wide representation among faculty and staff. They are:
- Susan Baker, PhD, professor, Department of Microbiology and Immunology (committee chair)
- Pieter de Tombe, PhD, interim vice dean for research, Stritch School of Medicine; chair, Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology
- Karen Saban, RN, PhD, associate dean for research, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing
- Kevin Smith, MD, associate chief medical officer, quality and safety, Loyola University Medical Center; assistant professor, Department of Medicine
- W. Keith Jones, PhD, chair, Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Eva Wojcik, MD, chair, Department of Pathology
- Colleen Fitzgerald, MD, medical director, Office of Clinical Research; associate professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Seth Robia, PhD, professor, Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, program director, Cardiovascular Research Institute
- Mike Nishimura, PhD, program director, Immunologic Therapeutics; vice chair for research, Department of Surgery
- Martha King, director of faculty administration and assistant provost
- Diane Ziomek, executive assistant to Provost and Stritch Dean’s Offices
Along with search firm Spencer Stuart, the committee will formulate a position statement, develop a list of key criteria and qualifications, generate a diverse pool of candidates, and screen and interview the candidates with the assistance of the committee.
Dr. Baker and I will provide the University community with updates on the search process. Updates will also be posted on this vice provost for research search website. Your input is encouraged and can be submitted to Charles Falcone, MD, of Spencer Stuart, Inc. at email@example.com.
I want to thank all of you for your feedback and work as we search for a new research leader for our division.
Margaret Faut Callahan (BSN ’74), CRNA, PhD, FNAP, FAAN
Provost, Health Sciences Division
Loyola University Chicago