Facilitates the proposal submission and award management process by providing key pre- and postaward support to the faculty and staff of the school. Reviews and approves all proposals, regardless of the source of funding or the type of project (research, instructional, conference, travel, training, etc.), prior to institutional endorsement.
- Reviews all proposals with special attention to oversight committee information and approvals, abstracts and lay summaries, budget and justification, institutional guidelines and policies.
- Reviews for approval of material transfer agreements, sponsored research agreements, and clinical trials
- Approves cost sharing and matching funds commitments
- Negotiates and accepts awards on behalf of the principal investigator
- Approves the requests for accounts
- Authorizes subcontracts, memoranda of agreement (MOAs), and memoranda of understanding (MOUs)