You are here
Medical Student Bioethics Education Requirements
All medical students are required to attend FOUR (4) Ethics Grand Rounds sponsored by the Neiswanger Institute by the end of their third year and submit a passing (P/F) Ethics Case Analysis Paper during the spring semester of the third year.
The Bioethics Institute also offers:
- Bioethics & Professionalism Honors Program
- Elective Courses
- Healer's Art (BP430)
- Bioethics & Professionalism: Social Justice and Underserved Minorities (BP431)
- Bioethics & Professionalism: Social Justice and Cultural Awareness in Healthcare (BP432)
- Honors Program in Bioethics & Professionalism Capstone Elective (HON401)
- MD/MA Joint Degree in Bioethics and Health Policy.
- Physician's Vocation Program- a four-year formation experience for medical students interested in exploring one's self-identity at the intersection of faith and medicine.
- Leadership in Science Honors Program- meets the needs of biomedical sciences graduate students who want to explore their social identity as scientists, develop skills in management, communications, and advocacy, and begin thinking about the social and ethical implications of their work.