|Why study bioethics at Loyola?|||
Loyola University Chicago has been offering high quality graduate education in bioethics for over 15 years. We offer a Doctorate Degree (D. Bioethics), Master of Arts (M.A.) and Certificate Programs; the doctoral program offers concentrations in Clinical Ethics, Organizational Ethics, Research Ethics, Public Health Ethics, and Catholic Bioethics.
Our innovative online environment supports practical education and provides valuable engagement and networking among peers and experts in the field of bioethics and health policy.
“The online program is an excellent opportunity to network with highly motivated professionals representing a variety of disciplines that cannot be duplicated in a traditional classroom setting.”
K Artnak, PhD, RN, CNS, MA
Click here to view all testimonials
Welcome video featuring the Online Bioethics Graduate Program faculty
KEY FEATURES OF OUR ONLINE GRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMS IN BIOETHICS
- Convenient, reliable and rigorous distance education for working professionals. Only top caliber graduate or professional degreed adult learners accepted.
- With our partial tuition scholarships, our program is competitively priced (US News ranks Loyola among the top 50 Best Value Colleges).
- Taught by Loyola University Chicago faculty who are dedicated to online education with decades of combined experience.
- The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
- U.S. News and World Report has ranked Loyola consistently among the "top national universities" and "best values" in its annual publications.
- Washington Monthly ranks Loyola University Chicago among the top 100 national universities, emphasizing social mobility, research and service.
- Very high retention rate.
- Our program is committed to diversity and inclusivity.
- For those students who are able to devote full-time to the program, the convenience of online learning does offer the possibility to complete the master's degree in as short as one year.
- Although our masters and certificate programs can be completed entirely online, many students opt to take one of our many blended courses that allow face to face interaction with fellow students and faculty. These blended courses typically require 2-3 days of on campus attendance.
- Our students consistently participate in the professional bioethics discourse and routinely publish their work and present at national meetings. Click here for an up-to-date listing.
The key ingredients to a successful experience in an online educational program are the quality of the students and the dedication of the faculty. Join fellow physicians, nurses, chaplains, lawyers, social workers and other healthcare professionals in becoming future leaders in the field of bioethics.
"practical, formative, engaging..." What our students are saying about our program.
"...allowed flexibility in my ability to learn... it's been a value to my career."
J Higginson, MD, MA
"...made me a better clinician in making bed side decisions."
C Sammis-Berman, NP, D.Bioethics
"Perfect combination of theory and practice in facilitating ethics consultation..."
A Ochasi, STL, D.Bioethics
"Broadened my experience and my involvement in national bioethics..."
R Holt, MD, D.Bioethics
"...faculty are very engaged and continue to remain involved with me even after graduation."
S Brown, MA, D.Bioethics