OPEN HOUSE WEBINAR
April 28th at 4:00pm CST
Interested in continuing your education in bioethics and meeting our faculty? Join us for our live open house webinar. RSVP to Robbin Hiller at email@example.com
You are here
Why study bioethics at Loyola?
Be one of the elite healthcare professionals who have advanced their careers through the online graduate programs in bioethics and health policy at Loyola University Chicago. We offer a Doctoral Degree (D. Bioethics), Master of Arts (M.A.) and Certificate Programs; the doctoral program offers concentrations in Clinical Bioethics, Organizational Ethics and Catholic Bioethics.
“The online program is an excellent opportunity to network with highly motivated professionals representing a variety of disciplines that cannot be duplicated in a traditional classroom setting.”
Kathryn E. Artnak, PhD, RN, CNS, MA (2012)
Associate Professor, Department of Nursing, Angelo State University
Welcome video featuring the Online Bioethics Graduate Program faculty
KEY FEATURES OF OUR ONLINE GRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMS IN BIOETHICS
- Convenient, reliable and rigorous distance education for working professionals. Only top caliber graduate or professional degreed adult learners accepted.
- Taught by Loyola University Chicago faculty who are dedicated to online education with decades of combined experience.
- The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
- Very low attrition rate.
- For those students who are able to devote full-time to the program, the convenience of online learning does offer the possibility to complete the master's degree in as short as one year.
- Our students routinely publish their work and present at national meetings. Click here for an up-to-date listing.
The key ingredients to a successful experience in an online educational program are the quality of the students and the dedication of the faculty. Join fellow physicians, nurses, chaplains, lawyers, social workers and other healthcare professionals in becoming future leaders in the field of bioethics.
"As a public health professional, I have been involved in health care issues for many years... a bioethics degree will provide the language and skills for me to pursue bioethics journalism and teaching."
Jan Thompson, RN, JD, MPA (MA)
"Being a very busy internist (the master's degree in bioethics) has allowed flexibility in my ability to learn, without detracting from my work... it's been a value to my career."
Jason Higginson, MD, MA (2009)
"The doctoral degree in bioethics at Loyola has opened up opportunities to broaden my experience and my involvement in national bioethics in developing better programs for ethics education."
Richard Holt, MD, D.Bioethics (2012)
"The clinical courses that I took in the doctoral program have actually made me a better clinician in making bed side decisions. Not just in clinical ethics, but also as a healthcare provider."
Cherie Sammis-Berman, NP, D. Bioethics (2013)
To request information, please select Biomedical Sciences in Program of Interest, then choose: Bioethics & Health Policy for Areas of Interest.
Ask us about our academic merit-based, partial tuition scholarships for newly admitted master's degree program students.