Information for New and Current Students
This page contains useful information for new and current students in our program. Please bookmark this page as you will find many helpful links that are regularly updated.
For an overview of Loyola University's academic policies, please go to: http://www.luc.edu/gradschool/academics_policies.shtml
SAKAI ACCESS (online course system): http://sakai.luc.edu Sakai is accessed using LOCUS user ID and Password.
- Sakai Video Tutorial: http://www.luc.edu/itrs/sakai/sakai-student-tutorials.shtml
For help with course enrollment, please see instructions: https://locus.luc.edu/pa91prd/locus_help/class_enrolling.pdf
- Update/Change LUC Password: https://lpss.luc.edu/SelfService/
- Course Drop/Withdrawal: Courses drop/withdrawal is done through Locus (https://locus.luc.edu/).
The drop/withdrawal schedule can be found here: http://www.luc.edu/bursar/withdrawalschedulechangecalendars/
DEGREE STATUS CHANGE: For students who wish to change degree status, please request change through Graduate Student Progress System (GSPS) https://gsps.luc.edu. Log in using LUC ID and Password (used for Locus/Sakai).Click for instructions.
DISABILITY SERVICES FOR STUDENTS: http://www.luc.edu/sswd/
DOCTORAL DEGREE PRACTICUM, CAPSTONE, EXAM INFORMATION
In addition to completing their regular coursework, doctoral students in our program are required to complete a practicum, pass a written and oral exam and then complete a two-semester doctoral capstone course sequence. More information here...
FINANCIAL AID: The Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) works with both graduate and undergraduate students to finance a Loyola education. In addition to putting together customized assistance packages using various financial resources, OSFA provides graduate students with assistance or more information about federal financial aid programs, alternative student loans and more: http://www.luc.edu/finaid/graduate.shtml
GRADUATION/CERTIFICATE APPLICATION PROCESS & FORMS:
December Graduates: online submission deadline - August 1st (Midnight)
May Graduates: online submission deadline - December 1st (Midnight)
August Graduates: online submission deadline - February 1st (Midnight)
D.Bioethics, Master's and Certificate - The Graduation Application Online Process is as follows:
1. Log into LOCUS
2. Click “Student Center”
3. Check for holds on your account
4. Select “My Academics”
5. Click “Apply for Graduation”
6. Select the Academic Program you wish to apply to graduate
7. Select the term you wish to apply for graduation
8. Click “Continue”
9. Verify Diploma Name & permanent address.
10. Indicate if you are planning to attend the graduation ceremony
11. Click “Save Answers”
12. Click “Continue”
13. Verify application to graduate information (if any info is not correct, return to start of the application)
14. Click “Submit Application”
- LATE Graduation Application: There is a 2 week grace period for LATE applications. Please complete the paper application and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax 708/327-9209: Late Graduation Application
- DEFER Graduation Conferral: In order to defer (re-apply for) graduation, please complete the paper reapplication form and submit to email@example.com or Fax 708/327-9209 ("Thesis" portion does not apply): Graduation Re-application Form
Please check this webpage regarding diploma distribution timeline: http://www.luc.edu/regrec/diplomas.shtml#distribution
HEALTH INSURANCE, "Online Waiver to Opt Out"
Students who take 3 courses a semester, or more, will be billed for mandatory health insurance through Loyola University. If you wish not to receive this insurance, please go to this webpage and complete the "Online Waiver to Opt Out": http://www.luc.edu/bursar/insurance.shtml#coverage
LEAVE OF ABSENCE (LOA)
Students are required to maintain continuous registration (excluding summer). If unable to enroll in courses for fall or spring semesters, please request a leave of absence through the Graduate Student Progess System (GSPS) https://gsps.luc.edu. Log in using LUC ID and Password (used for Locus/Sakai). Click for instructions.
If unable to log into GSPS system, please complete Leave of Absence request form and email to Robbin Hiller (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax 708/327-9209:http://www.luc.edu/gradschool/servicesandresources_forms.shtml
Students need to register for access to library resources. The Single Sign-On (SSO) registration form is found here: https://vault.lumc.edu/extranet/library/register.cfm?which=register
The Health Sciences Library service desk is available [Monday-Thursday, 8:30am - 7pm, Fridays, 8:30am - 5pm] at email@example.com, or 708/-216-9192.
STUDENT GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE: http://www.luc.edu/online/resources/student-grievances/
TUITION INQUIRIES: http://luc.edu/bursar
WHAT TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS ARE THERE FOR THIS PROGRAM?
Personal computer; Up to date web browser: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari; Microsoft Office 2000 or newer: Word, Excel; Adobe Acrobat Reader; CD-ROM drive; Headset with built-in microphone (we recommend Logitech brand); Email accessibility; Broadband connection strongly recommended.